posted on 04/21/2011 via
Things to do before you leave for senior travel:
- Make a list of what to take and check it twice.
- Make sure all bills are paid, and pre-pay or schedule payments for bills that will be due while you are on your vacation.
- Confirm all travel reservations.
- Check out the local weather conditions for where you are going.
- Make sure that you have liquids and medications properly stored for travel, and be sure that you have enough for the duration of your trip.
- Leave phone numbers of where you can be reached and travel itinerary with someone.
- Make a copy of traveler’s checks and leave a copy at home.
- Secure your home if it will be vacant, and ensure that everything is locked (windows, doors, garage, etc) and leave a spare key with a neighbor or nearby family member – do not leave key under a mat!
- If you will be out of town for an extended period of time, you should stop your newspaper delivery and have the post office temporarily stop mail delivery.
One of the newer Norwegian ships, the Getaway packs a bunch of fun and comfort into one ship! It sails out of Miami and has itineraries going to the Caribbean, Jamaica, Mexico and Cayman Islands. There won't be a shortage of scenic beaches, emerald water and sunny weather. Get great prices and exclusive discounts when you book with Cruise.com.